CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Waking up to Tornado sirens....

I don't know if I will ever get use to being woken up during the night to the sound of tornado sirens. Its a sound that goes right through you and you sit right up in bed. Monday night I took a Tylenol PM as I have had trouble sleeping a few days prior to Monday, you got it Tuesday a.m. at 2:30 AM CT I was woken up by the sirens. I was groggy at first but luckily I was able to make sense of what was happening and got my two cats and myself into the bathroom. My one cat could have cared less just curled up in a ball and went back to sleep. The other meowed at the door to be let out. I told him that curiosity killed the cat and he should be thankful that I had him in a safe place. I don't think he appreciated my comments.

We had storms again last night and more tornadoes, flooding and wind damage happened as a result of this storm. I have been lucky except for losing some sleep and being woken from a sound sleep, nothing has happened to my place or car.

This has been a hard year on Oklahoma already, with ice storms in January worse than any others in the history of the state and now this...

Just to make sure you understand, I am grateful for the sirens, they just make your heart beat extremely fast when you hear them!

0 comments: