CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Friends along the way-continued!

Next is Lori. I met her when I moved to Johnstown in 1985. She was just returning from maternity leave with her son Jason. We were close in age and over the years have learned how much we have in common. We are still in touch with each other almost on a daily basis as we both are still working for the same company! We also have tried to visit in person over the years after I left Johnstown to move to Oklahoma the first time in 1991. In fact, we are planning to do so this May, if all works out. From Feb 6 to May 16 we are the same age and every year I make sure to remind Lori of this fact, she is much nicer than me because from May 16 to Feb 6 she doesn't remind me that I am older than her...I guess she respects her elders! Can you believe its been 23 years this year Lori????

Next is Kathy B. I met her when I moved to Oklahama in 1991. She was another person that I seemed to become friends with instantly. We use to tease that some day I would become the CEO and she would become my assistant....I don't think she should wait for that position to come to her any time soon! When I left OK in 1997 to go back East, Kathy stayed in contact with me and made time to visit with me when I would be back in town for a visit. Then when I moved back in 2001, we picked up the friendship like there had not been a break in it. Although, we both are so busy sometimes we think we saw each other more when I lived on the East Coast than now!

0 comments: