CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Friends along the way---last one!

Debbie W is the one I saved for last because we have a different type of friendship!

Tracey was involved in her youth group while living in OK and we met Debbie W's middle son David as a part of a group called Ongoing Ambassador's for Christ. They ended up going to the same college. One year on the weekend we brought them up for the school year, Debbie didn't have a motel room and found that there were none available so I offered her to stay with me. We ended up staying up most the night talking and laughing and forming a friendship. We never knew that this relationship would become a bigger part of both of our lives.

Debbie and I became more than friends in 2000. This is when her oldest son Bart, married Tracey. It scared Tracey and Bart a little in the beginning that their mothers were friends.

Our friendship has grown over the last 7 plus years and we have found how much we have in common as well. We still scare the kids from time to time when we start laughing about something and can't stop or laugh at things they don't think are funny, but we don't care! =)

Debbie was a true friend for me as I wanted so bad to take the cruise for my 50th birthday and asked her to go along. Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request but Debbie is afraid of water so it was a big request to ask of her. She came through from me and we had a wonderful time (except for when Debbie fell in the parking lot as we left the cruise...I was afraid her boys would never let us do anything together again!).

I look forward to our friendship to continue to grow and I value having someone as my daughter's mother-in-law that I get along with as I know that does not happen often. By being friends, we get to have holidays' with our kids together and this makes us both happy!

0 comments: