CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Friends along the way-continued

Next I moved to Morrisville PA to work for a friend I knew from Johnstown who was now working in Princeton NJ. I went out there not knowing anyone but the friend who had hired me. When I came out to look around to see if I wanted to move there, he asked a girl I had worked with for years over the phone if she would mind showing me around. She agreed and we hit it off right away, her name was Dorothy. She showed me around and even took me to see her apartment, I ended up living in the same complex! I had some rough times during my time out east due to the cost of living changes, and for a time period, when my car broke down, I could not afford to fix it, Dorothy was a lifesaver during this time period. She would let me take her car on Saturday's to get groceries and run any errands and drove me to work!

During the 4 years I was back on the East Coast, there were 4 other women who helped me make it through tough times as well as helping me have some good times and good memories. The first is Marilyn. We knew each other from the Dayton office and were glad to be back working with each other. Since both of our families still were in Dayton, we use to carpool on our trips back to Dayton. This made the drive so much more bearable and saved mileage on our vehicles! My job moved from Princeton to Bridgewater and my next friend, Lorraine was my person travel agent. Any time I needed to know how to get to somewhere, she gave me directions. We also used each other as support as we took on roles in management. I learned so much about being a manager from just watching her! The third person is Linda. She is such an important person in my career life as she was an awesome mentor for me. She lives in Rhode Island and traveled down to Bridgewater every week, just for that I admired her. Her attitude was always positive and she would always be there to get me back on track should my attitude decide to go off the path! The 4th is Kim. Kim and I didn't become friends until later in my time in NJ, in fact, we became better friends after attending a week long training course in Massachusetts. These 4 women along with Dorothy helped these 4 years in my career be the most beneficial, I truly believe I became more mature in my career during my time period working with them.

0 comments: