CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Make sure you appreciate your family...

Sometimes in the busy world we live in, we do not take time out to be thankful for the family members we have. Now, I'm not saying I'm good at doing this all the time, but I try to remind myself about it since I lost my mom to cancer in 1981. She was only 49 and I was 25. Such a young age to loose your mom. It hit me hard and if I am honest, took me several years to adapt to. I also lost my nephew 4 years ago, he was too young to die. I hope that through these two great losses, I will always remember to take the time and be thankful for my family and extended family members. You never know how long you have with them.

So if you are reading this and its been awhile since you checked in with a family member or you haven't spoken in awhile over a silly squabble years ago, make this the time that you reach out to them.

My mom was one of the people in the world that I respect the most, she never said a mean word about anyone and was always there to help if someone needed her and I hope that I will always try to follow in those footsteps. She amazed me when she was fighting cancer, she never was angry that it was happening to her, she just made sure to enjoy every moment she felt good. When I think of this, I realize that when I have a cold or the flu and am complaining every moment of it, that I need to change my attitude.

OK, that's it...my words of wisdom for the day!

0 comments: