CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Making decisions!

When I was younger and thought being in my 50's I figured I would be old and wouldn't want to do anything exciting. I also thought I wouldn't have to face making decisions when I was older...boy was I wrong.

To address the first part, I don't feel old at almost 52, in fact, I have made changes in my life that make me feel better than I did in my 30's. I now color the grey that loves to grow on my head (use to say I would never dye my hair) and even let the hair dresser change the color...of course...this is only because I trust her judgment! I use to not buy clothes for myself except when I had to for work but now since I have lost so much weight, I love to buy new clothes for me. I still want to lose some more but seem to be in a holding pattern...in the past, this would have discouraged me but now I think..."Hey I never thought I'd be back in the size I am now...so I'm happy!". My daughter has also helped me realize that just because I'm in my 50's I don't have to dress like an old woman. I am buying clothes now that she actually approves of (well for the most part...I still slip sometimes)

Now for making decisions....for those of you who are younger than 50...it doesn't get any easier, the type of decisions just change. Decisions use to be for whatever was best for my daughter...but now I can make them for myself and I'll admit its still scary to do that. Rumors are going around that my job may be done away with by the end of the year or early next year...in the past when these started, I would get scared and allow myself to get depressed and normally put on weight. I'm not doing that this time....if I loose my job, I will deal with it then, why loose months of my life worrying about something I don't even know will come true or if it does when it will. I'm actually looking at other possibilities...something I never thought I could do. So making decisions still is hard for me, but I'm finding if you do so with the right frame of mind, it is a little easier.

0 comments: