CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

With Easter close by....

I thought I would share a story of how as a child you believe whatever your parents tell you. The rule for both Easter and Christmas was that you were to go to the bathroom before bed because you were not to get up because the Easter Bunny (or Santa) would not come because you were not in bed. I don't remember my exact age but I remember the event. I thought I heard things out in the living room (the bathroom I shared with my brother was right before the living room), so I snuck out of my room and went to the bathroom. As I turned on the light, my dad was right behind me and asked me why I was out of my room that I better hurry, my mom was sitting on the couch talking to the Easter Bunny and I didn't want him to know I was out of bed. I ran to my room. Seems like a normal story right? But for years, I truly believed that out of the corner of my eye as I ran down the hallway, I saw the Easter Bunny sitting on the couch talking to my Dad. When I got older and told my parents I remembered this they both laughed and told me at that time, my mom was in the kitchen making up the baskets, so I not only made myself think I saw the Easter Bunny, I thought I saw my mom too!

If you have any stories like this from your childhood, please share!

0 comments: