CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The things I have done...

OK, since I have shared stories about Tracey, Sarah, Bart and my many friends, I thought it was only fair to share some stories of things I have done over the years.

1. My friend Goldie (you met her earlier in my postings) and I use to decorate people's houses for birthdays, anniversaries, special events, etc. One day I took a 1/2 pto so we could go decorate her niece's house because she was selected for the high school drill team. We didn't toilet paper houses (well not usually) we used crepe paper and signs and other decorations!. The one that I am going to share is one that makes Goldie and I laugh to this day. My brother was turning 21. Tracey was 3. He was renting a townhouse close to where we lived so we went while he was at work and decorated. As we were decorating, we saw the security patrol car coming towards his place and yelled for Tracey to get down as we jumped in the car and hid ourselves. What an example I was huh?

2. Forking. Forking you may ask? I didn't actually do this activity, but I was a support for it. Tracey and Sarah along with two friends from youth group, Levi and Bart (not her husband) use to take plastic forks and decorate members of our church lawns. They were very creative at times, made a smile face out of forks for their youth leader, used blue forks when another youth leader had a baby boy, even used a pitch for in one yard. The pitch fork was used because the husband of the one youth leader told them they better never put forks in his yard, so they didn't put plastic forks, they put a pitch fork with a note on it that said "you have been forked". Where I fall in to this picture is that I bought the forks and I would pay for them to rent a movie and have snacks at my place until it was dark enough to go do the work! It soon became a thing at the church that if the kids liked you, your lawn would get forked. We hired a new assistant Pastor who asked me if the kids didn't like him after he had been there a few months, the reason? They hadn't forked his yard! (Yes, they did it shortly after that!). People also started picking up the forks and bringing them to church and giving them to me so we could recycle!

3. This one is work related but still makes me laugh when I think about it. I was working in Bridgewater, NJ and was a Supervisor/Manager for a small team of people. One day, a representative from our largest client called to complain about the service they were receiving from one of my team members. After calming them down and taking care of the situation I start to end the call by saying "If you ever need any thing, please feel free to call 1-800-***-***** and ask for Doris and I will be glad to help you.". I instantly started laughing which caught the person off guard so I quickly explained "I am sorry, I did not mean to laugh, but my name is Diane not Doris, I do not know where that came from." After that my team members said that it was my split personality, Diane was the mean one and Doris was the nice one!

0 comments: