CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Memories that make me smile!

I have many many memories that make me smile so I will be posting them at different times!

Here are the first ones:

1. Tracey was 3 years old and we were sitting in the 2nd pew at church. She whispers to me she is hungry. I tell her she has to wait until the Pastor is done and then we will go eat. She thinks about it for a minute and then says loudly to the Pastor "Can you be done now so we can go eat?". Yes, the Pastor did stop shortly after that! People asked me if she could do that more often!

2. Tracey was 5 years old and we were sitting at a red light when a red convertible corvette pulled up next to us with a man driving. Tracey was sitting in the passenger side (remember we didn't have seat belts and car seat laws then) and looks over to this man and says "Do you want to be my Daddy?" Now in her defense, she wasn't trying to find me a husband, she wanted the car!

3. Tracey was around 8 years old and we were at the Dayton Mall. A lady stops and talks to us and as she walks away (but is still in hearing distance) Tracey says "Isn't that the lady you don't like?"

4. Tracey is 16 years old and my nephew and niece are visiting us from Ohio. I am working but let them keep the car so Tracey can take them places. Tracey needs to stop for gas. She drives off without the gas cap and later has to go back to get it, luckily it was still there! My nephew loved this story and told it every time he saw Tracey!

5. Sarah is spending the night with Tracey. I let them have my room. I got up early and ran to the grocery store. I come home, peak in the room and the girls seem to still be a sleep, so I continue to bring in the groceries. I learn in a few minutes that they were awake, but pretended to be asleep so they didn't have to help me!

6. I am not sure where Tracey and Sarah were coming from, but I am in the master bath cleaning the bathtub when they come in behind me and scare me. Yes, you guessed it, I slid into the bathtub. (Not completely...but enough for the girls to be proud of themselves.)

7. Tracey was being a typical teenager and I was driving down the street with her and Sarah in the backseat. I reach my point with Tracey and say "I am going to stop this car and put your ass out of it." Sarah saves Tracey by the next statement..."Diane, I didn't know you had a donkey." I couldn't help it, I started laughing and the tension was broken. Tracey so owes Sarah for this!

That's enough for the first time!

Watch for more!

0 comments: